Good morning everybody. Today, I want to tell you a science innovation. Certainly everyone need to heating water. But we usually use a stove. But now, I will told you how to heating water using a soda can. Not only soda can of course, but you also need the sun light.
You can harness the power of the sun to heat water! Go green with a solar water heater using an old soda can. Just follow my instructions and you can heat water with the power of the sun.
- One empty, clear 2 liter soda bottle. Never try to use a bigger bottle, because when you use the bigger bottle the pressure will decrease. While, when you want to heater the water you need high temperature and high pressure.
- One empty, 24 ounce or 709,8 ml soda can. Or you can use any can that will fit inside the bottle will work.
- A cardboard box about 16-by-16-by-16 inches
- Aluminum foil or you can use an empty potato chip bags with the reflective plastic inside.
- Glue, make sure that you use a super glue.
- Black paint.
How to make it :
- Clean the soda bottle and can using soap and water. Use only a dishwashing soap.
- Cut the top of the soda bottle of about 1 inch below where it straightens at the widest point around.
- Cut eight 1-inch slits into piece of the bottle you just cut off. Space the slits evenly around the circumference of the bottle.
- Paint the outside of the aluminum can black. Never try to use another color, because black can absorb the heat of the sun light. Make sure you don’t get any paint inside the can.
- Cut of the top and two sides of the cardboard box.
- Glue aluminum foil or a recycle reflective surface like the insides of potato chip bags, to the two remaining sides and bottom of the box.
How to use it :
- Fill the aluminum can with water
- Place the can inside the plastic bottle. Fit the slits from the top piece of the bottle around the top edge of the base of the bottle.
- Put the bottle in the middle of the reflective box
- Place the box so the inside faces the sunlight. It will catch the rays and reflect them to the soda can. The black on the can will absorb the energy and heat the water inside.